I set forth to rebuild the 828 Tree Service website and since it’s the holiday and I had a full day to spend on it while recuperating from the Christmas festivities with Liz, we piled up and watched cartoons all day and I built a website.
I started with a base theme that had the basic features I needed to implement and then installed Visual Composer and Revolution Slider Plugins. I had a lot of images from the original website I built back earlier in 2016 and only had to modify the verbiage a little.
Once I had it built and the verbiage optimized the SEO work began with Yoast SEO plugin. Yoast is rather easy to use so in an hour so the site was 99% done, all the meta data was correct, and I had everything submitted to Google to be indexed. I then got tied up with getting the call to action perfect, spent a couple hours tweaking it to work exactly as I wanted on all devices. In my opinion having a very easy to access clickable phone number that automatically loads the number into a mobile phone dialer is super important.
I had set a personal goal to have it done in 16 hours, I missed that goal by a few but completing a fully optimized build while entertaining a 2 year in under 20 hours isn’t bad, considering most would take weeks to do it.